Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's a Boy!!!

Good news, everyone!!

On September 9th, my oldest sister (I am the 3rd of 4 girls) gave birth to her first child, a baby boy named Rudolph Brayden!  He is the first boy in the family (my other older sister has 2 daughters) and we were very excited to introduce him to the world.  He managed to be born not only on his due date, but in only a few hours!  To add some nail biting excitement, my sister and her husband did not find out the sex during the pregnancy.  So there was a lot of green and white at the shower.  If you've never tried, finding stuff that is gender neutral for a baby is hard!  Everything is very girl/boy specific.  Highly annoying for those who are trying to shop.

Okay, you've waited long enough.  PICTURES!!!

2 hours old.  Being born can be so exhausting!
Wearing his "going home" outfit. Aawwww.
 























His first bit of blue clothing.
Checking out his home and pretty Momma.
Too cute, right?  Hopefully more pictures will be on the way soon.  I gotta say, there is nothing like holding a sleeping baby in your arms.  The only thing better is watching your dear husband hold that baby and see his eyes go gooey.  :D

For those who don't know, John and I have been married a little over 3 years.  Thus far, we are childless by choice.  There were definitely factors that took precedent over having a child at 23; having some time to live as a couple, have life experiences, and save for a house were at the top of the list, amongst many others.  It was simple... a 5-year plan.  By then we should have gotten a lot done.  Fast forward to now, we've knocked most of the items off the list.  So we had a few talks and it seems like a good time to start trying.  Well, we aren't trying trying like crazy.  More like we've stopped stopping the sperm.  :D  TMI, right?  Well, fuck it.  It's my blog and I'll talk about sex if I want to.  :D

So yes, my husband and I are working on having a baby.  We have for a couple of months now.  *grin* It's fun... *giggle*  If luck is on our side, then I will already be pregnant.  But we won't know for a few more weeks.  If we aren't, then looks like we'll try again in a month.  No biggie.  We have plenty of time.  Besides... sex is fun and having it often is healthy.  But if we are pregnant, then I will definitely have to readjust my balancing act of life and career so it won't topple.

But in the mean time, it looks like we will be taking a half leap into the major life change.  Drum roll please.... We decided to get a dog!  No decision as of yet if she will be a puppy or a young adult, but we are sure we'll be getting a female Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  My mother breeds them, so we know we're getting one with good genes and good health.  For those who don't know, this is what they look like.


Practically rivals the baby for cuteness, right?!  Oh who am I kidding... nephews always win over puppies... but it's close.  We most likely will not be getting her for another month or so, but actually taking the step from plants (and a ferret :P) to dog is an important one before baby.  Expect many pictures when we get one.  Squee! I can't wait!!!

Changes are a'comin', that's for sure.

No comments: